The Perfect New Years Eve in South End
New Years Eve is a time for celebration! Everyone’s idea of the perfect New Years Eve is different, and South End knows that. That is why you’ll find one street filled with outdoor patios and just a few chairs circling the fire pits – the sweet smell of wood burning among both friends and strangers alike, chatting about what they all hope 2020 will be like.
But then you’ll look to your right and just a few blocks away you’ll see glitter dresses and suits and ties, with big groups of friends of all ages making their way into their “dress to impress” parties, where they will celebrate in style all night long. There are various ideas of fun, and South End delivers on all of them.
Want something with free entry? Find it below. Want something that you pay for in advance and then don’t pull your wallet out while you’re there? We’ve got that too. Click on the restaurant/bar name for more information about the event!
First up – no tickets necessary!
• Rosemont. Celebrate with a fun DJ – no tickets required but VIP tables are available for purchase. You can party from 10pm until 2am.
• Unknown Brewing. A “Pregame Party” lasting from 5pm-10pm. Free entry, food and drink specials, and a DJ.
• Lenny Boy Brewing. Party all day at Lenny Boy with live music, new beer releases, and no dress code. 2pm-1am.
• Sycamore Brewing. Expect live music, fire pits, food trucks, and special beer releases. 4pm-11pm.
• Mac’s Speed Shop. No cover and no dress code. Live music and a midnight beer toast! 9pm-1am.
• Big Ben Pub. Come celebrate New Years twice! 7pm and midnight. 7pm-12am.
Feeling fancy? Buy a ticket in advance for places below.
• Seoul Food Meat Co. A Masquerade themed party – all inclusive food and drinks with a cocktail style dress code and two DJ’s. $100/ticket. 8pm-1am.
• Hoppin’. 250 tickets available for this self-pour bar with a heated patio out back. Enjoy appetizers and $1 beer & wine with purchase of a ticket. $50/ticket. 8pm-1am.
• Suffolk Punch New Year’s Punchin’ Eve. Tickets include a dink package, a band and a DJ to dance to, and more. There are a few different packages available. Tickets from $100-$175. Party from 9pm-2am.
• Slate & Oak Room. The “flashiest” party of the year. A night full of photobooths and awesome decorations. Different packages available. $70-$120/ticket. 9pm-2am.
• The Studio. DJ vibes and pour your own beer all night at this new South End spot. $60/Ticket. 9pm-1am.
• Queen Park Social. A Retro New Year’s party with music ranging from disco to now. General admission and VIP packages available for $15-$120/Ticket. 9pm-2am.
• The Waterman. All-inclusive seafood buffet, beer, wine, and “boozy boat drinks,” plus a DJ. $100/Ticket. 10pm-2am.
• The Union. A good ole fashioned, fairly cheap good time with a DJ and drink specials. $10 Cover.
• The Wine Loft. Party of the decades. $75/Ticket. 9pm-12am.
These are only a few of the many great bars, breweries, and restaurants in South End that will be open and thriving on New Year’s Eve. Don’t see your favorite place? Give them a call and see what they are up to on January 31st!
Looking for fireworks? Find them a hop, skip, and a jump away at Levine Avenue of the Arts on South Tryon Street. It’s free, fun, and from 8pm-midnight.
Cheers to 2020!