Enjoy cozy vibes, good tunes, and great eats in South End.
Camden Commons is back! South End's main street, Camden Road, will transform into an outdoor living room this Spring 2023. Come spend your #SundayFunday with us by shopping local, discovering new food, playing games, listening to music, and getting creative as if you are in your own living room. This family-friendly event is free and open to all.
Camden Commons is happening on:
- Sunday, April 16 - 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, May 21 - 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, June 18 - 11:00am - 5:00pm
Street closure - Camden Road will be closed to vehicular traffic from Tremont Ave to East/West Blvd from 7:00am - 8:00pm during each Camden Commons event.
How to Get to Camden Commons?
- Travel by light rail. The LYNX Blue Line has several stops in South End. The closest one to this event is at East/West Blvd. Station.
- Travel by bike. Rent a JoyRides e-assist bike and travel by Rail Trail.
- Travel by car. Paid parking garages are available at 100 W Worthington, the Design Center, the Square, or 1616 Camden. For more parking options, check out the South End Parking Guide.
Where it Started
In 2019, a coalition of South End, Wilmore, and Dilworth neighbors approached the City of Charlotte and Charlotte Center City Partners with requests to enhance walkability and pedestrian safety. Through a series of conversations in 2020 and 2021, the City made changes to improve pedestrian crossings throughout the neighborhood.
There was also broad interest in weekend street closures to allow for community space and special events. The first season of Camden Commons in 2022 was a pilot run of what could become a regular weekend happening, where an outdoor living room pops up on a few blocks of Camden Road. We are grateful to Lowe's, with their Lowe's Tech Hub in South End, for being the presenting sponsor of this event.
Tag us in your photos!
Make sure you tag @southendclt in your Camden Commons pictures.
Stay in the know by subscribing to the bi-monthly South End Newsletter.
Applications for Pop-Up Markets
We are proud to partner with Esther + Elsa. If you would like to be a vendor at this event -
Learn More About Vending Opportunities in South End
Please contact Rick Thurmond, Charlotte Center City Partners - Chief Marketing Officer.