First Friday Gallery Crawl
Discover art in South End.
South End is home to a vast array of art in all forms: fine art galleries offering everything from the realist to the experimental, colorful public murals, larger-than-life installations on the Rail Trail and dozens of studio spaces where artists and artisans dream and create.
Take in the local art scene on South End First Friday--an evening when galleries and shops offer extended hours, special receptions, live painting and music. Build in a visit to any of the neighborhood’s restaurants and breweries, and it’s a whole night out!
Here's what to know:
- This event is FREE, open to the public, and family-friendly; no RSVP or ticket is required.
- Some galleries may serve light refreshments or feature live painting.
- Walk the Rail Trail and hear live music guiding you from gallery to gallery.
- Exhibits change regularly, so be sure to keep this event on your calendar throughout the year.
- Gallery Crawl was named the Best Artsy Place to Take a Date by Charlotte Magazine.
- For regular bi-monthly updates, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
see the August gallery crawl guide
What to expect this month:
First Friday is being held on August 5th. Participating galleries include Hodges Taylor, Elder Gallery, StudioWorks, Shed Brand Studio, and Dilworth Artisan Station. Don't forget to check out the free walking art tour, South End Interactive, while you are in the neighborhood!
Hodges Taylor, 5-7pm
Hodges Taylor welcomes a pop-up shop by Ash & Ochre featuring functional contemporary craft, small batch wares, textiles, ethically sourced crystals, herbal concoctions, beeswax candles, and vintage finds for your sacred space and home. The pop-up will be at the gallery from August 3 to 13.
Artist credit: Ash & Ochre
see hodges taylor on instagram
StudioWorks Gallery, 5-8 pm
StudioWorks is located in a historic home in the Dilworth neighborhood, and is home to 11 all-women, professional artists.
Artist credit: Regracted by Jenny Fuller
See StudioWorks on Instagram
Looking to discover bites & brews in the neighborhood?
South End is home to some of the best restaurants and breweries in Charlotte. Explore all that the neighborhood has to offer.
Thank you for your support!
We'll see you at the next Gallery Crawl on September 2nd.