Easy Resolutions To Start The Decade
A new year and a new decade have finally begun. There is no doubt that South End will see many changes in 2020, as well as welcome many new faces to the area. As we all look forward, what do you hope to achieve in 6 months or a year?
1. Reduce Carbon Footprint.
- Sure, maybe you recycle your bottles and cans every once in a while. But what about all of that wasted food? Whether you’re a homeowner, apartment renter, or business owner, Crown Town Compost can help you. Crown Town Compost takes leftover food, napkins, flowers, egg shells, coffee grinds, etc. You can drop off your compost bucket or have them pick it up at your front door. Learn all about Crown Town Compost.
- Instead of driving everywhere, try using the light rail or B-Cycle. Not sure the times and routes? We’ve got you covered here.
2. Learn Something New.
- Celebrate Galentines Day with your girls at Bookout Blooms and try making flower crowns on February 13th! Find event details here.
- Trying to learn how to cook in 2020? Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen has you covered. Check out their cooking classes here. They offer five different ability levels to cater to the new chef on the block and the more experienced cooks.
- Literally learn new fun facts at Lenny Boy trivia nights. Every Wednesday night from 7pm-9pm at Lenny Boy Brewing. Friends, beer, facts, prizes. Check out the event here.
3. Up Your Fitness Game - Literally and Physically.
- South End is a hub for gym and fitness centers, both old and new, making it easy to kickstart your wellness journey.
- Not up for the gym? That’s okay – you can still look the part. Lululemon, Fit Atelier, Inside Out Sports, Queen City Bicycles, and Ultra Running Co have you covered.
- The Rail Trail is a 3.5 mile (and growing) trail that continues to blossom. Bring your friends, dogs, and kiddos and explore all that the trail has to offer – including local art, retail shops, cafes, bars and breweries. It’s the place to be on a sunny day in South End.
4. Meet Someone New.
- Too tired after work for a trivia night? Co-Work by Camden is offering a Free For All Friday Fun Day on January 31st at their co-working space. Work for free, eat for free, and join others for trivia at 11AM. Event details here.
- Join your fellow South-Enders at a South End Community Meeting on Camden Road. The next meeting is March 12th.
Happy 2020 to all and cheers to another wonderful year ahead for us!