The Center City Small Business Innovation Fund Round 3 - All of CLT - application is LIVE now until November 9th, 202
Round 3 is open to small businesses all across the City of Charlotte.
Details: Small businesses across the entire City of Charlotte will be able to apply for grants from the fund. Applicants will outline their adaptations and innovations that have or will enable them to advance their business. Applicants will detail costs and an ability to implement as well as agree to share their lessons so others may learn from their experience. Grants will be prioritized to small businesses that create unique experiences for neighborhoods, including storefront businesses, distinctive products or services, and/or exceptional community engagement. Adaptations and innovations with the potential to replicate, scale, or foster collaboration will be prioritized in the review process.
You will find a list of helpful documents below. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below for some helpful resources to best fill out the application:
- Pre-application conferences providing insights and answering questions about the application process:
- Please use Google Chrome when filling out the application.
- Application FAQs
- Business Project Budget – In the Project Budget section of the application, there is a table requiring information. Below are links to the instructions for filling out the table as well the template to give applicants a preview of the information prior to starting the application. The instructions and table are accessible in the application when the applicants fills out the Project Budget section.
- If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
Congratulations to our First Round Recipients!
- Black Pearl Global Investments, Blkmrkclt, Blue Print Consulting (No Grease), Boardroom Health Solutions, Bulgogi Box, Charlotte NC Tours, CLT Find, Dunx Coffee, Dupp & Swat, E-fix housing solutions, Elder Gallery of Contemperary Art, Futo Buta, Golden Cow Creamery, Hodges Taylor Art Consultancy, Hustle House Fitness, IEnate, Jeffre Scott Apothecary, Kemo-Farson Enterprises - The Beehive, M and R inc., MarlieQs Caribbean Queen Food Truck, MumEase, OMJ Clothing, Oh Script Paper Co., Petra's Piano Bar & Cabaret, Poppin Sweets, Powell Enterprises of Charlotte (West End Seafood), Red Clay Ciderworks, Savvy Bridal Boutique, StoryNow, Sycamore Brewing, The Mother Earth Group, The Shed, Triple C Brewing Company, Uptown Yolk
The Charlotte Center City Small Business Innovation Fund has awarded grants to 34 Center City small businesses, over $1 Million, to spur and support innovation as they adapt to new economic realities caused by the COVID-19 crisis. These businesses are located throughout Uptown, South End, Historic West End, and elsewhere in Center City, and more than 90 percent of the first-round grantees are minority-, women- or veteran-owned businesses.
Congratulations to our Second Round Recipients!
View our Round 2 Press Release.
Round Two by the Numbers:
• 247 Applicants
• 37 Grantees
• 92% of all grantees were either minority, women, or veteran-owned businesses
- A Sign of the Times of the Carolinas, Bentala Salon, Blooming Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, Brevard Court, Cheesecake Carousel, CLT Boutique, Craft Tasting Room & Growler Shop and Lincoln Street Kitchen & Cocktails, Emerson Real Estate Advisors, Fashion & Compassion, Girl Tribe, Goodyear Arts, Graham St. Pub & Patio, Halal Food Cart, Halcyon, Hot Box Food Group, International Truck of Tacos, IT-HenHouse, Joedance Film Festival, Levine Museum of the New South, Madame Shea, Midtown Ballroom, Moxie Mercantile, Open Door Studios, Paul Andre Boutique, Pepperbox Doughnuts, Pet Wants, Popbar, Queen City Mutiny- Charlotte Futsal, Rebrand Media, Riplash at BuffSalon, Southern Blossom Florist, Three Little Birds Stationery & Gifts, Venue at 1801, Visulite Theatre, Waterbean Coffee, Wonderworld Creative, Zia Pia