1507 Camden Road View on Google Maps
Charlotte, NC 28203
The Charlotte Urban Design Center's mission is to advance the quality of Charlotte's built environment and bring public awareness to the importance of urban design. The center reveals how design influences quality of life and economic resilience, and advocates for great public places in a livable city.
The Charlotte Planning, Design and & Development Department formed the Charlotte Urban Design Center in 2020 to consolidate its urban design consultation, placemaking and community engagement services under one roof.
The South End Studio is home base for the Charlotte Urban Design team, the South End base for the Charlotte Center City Partners team, and a community gathering space that frequently hosts community meetings, workshops and design charrettes.
The building was originally the Charlotte Trolley Museum, which is why you'll still see that inscribed above the doorways, and why you'll find a bright yellow historic trolley inside! No longer operational, this trolley has been converted into a meeting space.
Hours are generally by appointment, except when open for public meetings.
Nearby Bites & Brews
- Condado Taco1536 Camden Rd (194 feet W)
- Early Girl Eatery1515 South Tryon St (194 feet W)
- The Salty Donut1515 South Tryon St (194 feet W)
- Blacow Burger1515 S Tryon St (194 feet W)
- Design Within Reach1517 Camden Rd (90 feet S)
- SGO Designer Glass1440 South Tryon St (246 feet N)
- Mecklenburg ABC1426 South Tryon St (304 feet N)
- Elder Gallery of Contemporary Art1520 South Tryon St (327 feet NW)
- 1435 S Tryon St1435 S Tryon St (326 feet NE)
- 1426 S Tryon St1426 S Tryon St (375 feet N)
- 1411 S Tryon St1411 S Tryon St (586 feet NE)
- 131 Winona St131 Winona St (651 feet NW)